For awhile now I’ve felt bad about having expectations. I’ve felt bad about holding people to standards, but then I continuously meet and date people who are no good to me. I’m done feeling sorry for wanting a certain thing. I’ve had an open mind towards a lot and I know what I want.
I want someone who
- values their education (there are women who aren’t even allowed to go to school, so be thankful of the opportunities you have and take advantage of them)
- has a job (I work my ass off to better myself in my work field, and I expect someone I’m going to get involved with to do the same)
- doesn’t drink and/or smoke excessively (I believe in doing more productive things, and not harming my body with substances that aren’t necessary)
- knows what they want (I have a plan for my future, I am very eager to achieve all of it, and I appreciate those who are in the same mindset)
- can be patient with me (I have baggage, I struggle with emotional issues, and I am so sick of feeling inadequate because of those things. I’m human, I struggle, and that’s not something I’m going to feel bad about anymore)
I really don’t care if you think I’m a bitch or that I expect to much or that I’m being too opinionated or picky. I hold high standards for myself and I think that someone I get involved with should do the same. I’m always looking to better myself, and I deserve someone who does the same. I can’t keep feeling bad about knowing exactly what I want. I’m done with that.